Enrichment – A tool that calculate gene function enrichment for a selected gene set. Ther tool displays Gene Ontology enrichments as a tree.
Example work flow:
- Add a group of genes to the gene list.
- Go to the tool and display the enrichments.
- Scroll down to view all enrichment tests.
- Select the GO details tab to view more options for gene ontology enrichment.
- Choose one of the three domains and calculate enrichment.
- Select a minimum p-value and minimum number of genes in a category to reduce the number of results.
- Change the layout to tree view.
The enrichment tool calculates the statistical enrichment of a set of functional annotations, currently Gene ontology, miRNA, and Pfam, in a gene list. There is one page with an overview of all enrichment tests, and a GO details tab with advanced settings for GO enrichment as well as a visualization of the Gene Ontology trees (biological process, molecular function and cellular component). The results can be filtered by specifying a p-value threshold (default is 0.05) and a minimum number of genes annotated with the specific function (default 2). False Discovery Rate (FDR) corrected p-values are reported by default, but other corrections are available. Under-enrichment, that is significantly fewer annotations in the gene list than one would expect by chance, is hidden by default.